A WickesWorks estimate includes assessing for careful prepwork. Prepwork is absolutely essential to stop further damage and to achieve a durable finished result. It includes:
* Washing all surfaces with a bleach and detergent solution to remove any dirt or mildew. There is absolutely no way to prepare your home’s surfaces without doing this.
* Scraping and sanding to remove any loose paint or old caulk.
* Repairing any surfaces that are damaged. We use products that resist future damage, such as composite materials, cedar, and epoxy.
* Sealing all areas with high quality caulk and adhesive.
* Priming either everything, or select areas, as appropriate. This is determined by the condition of wooden trim or siding on your home.
* We finish with two coats of high quality finish paint; or one to two coats of wood stain, as appropriate, for wood shingles and decks.
We also include with our estimate a copy of our Pennsylvania business license. A business license in Pennsylvania requires having business liability insurance and workmen’s compensation insurance.
WickesWorks is a Better Business Bureau Member.
We are licensed Pennsylvania contractors and do not use “sub-contractors!”
Having a Pennsylvania Contractor License is evidence of our having required insurances including business liability and workmen’s compensation insurance.
“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
William A. Foster